Monday 25 August 2014

My Hobby


Hobby is a useful work which is done in spare time for pleasure without any monetary benefit. This occupation is quite apart from the regular profession. It is pursued only for recreation. after hard labour, hobby provides us a cheap source of entertainment and amusement. It saves us from the dull routine of life. It gives us an activity when we have nothing to do. Hobby makes life pleasant and interesting. There is nothing like a hobby as a means of relaxation, enjoyment and refreshment. Everybody should have a hobby to break the monotony and boredom of daily routine work.

There may be as many hobbies as there are people. They are countless and new ones are being added to their numbers. Some hobbies may be really strange and starling while others may be conventional and well known. There are many hobbies like gardening, stamp-collecting, coin-collecting, photography, reading, etc. Everyone chooses his hobby according to his taste and requirement. Gardening is my hobby I want to relax after a day's hard labour. Gardening makes me forget my worries and refreshes my mind. I take interest from my very young age in gardening.In those days my father was a high official in a ministry and we lived in a spacious house with a lawn and a big garden. There were servants and gardener. My hobby goes to those early days of my childhood about 11-12 years back. Now we live in our own house which has a small garden.

I spend my spare time in garden. I take interest in cultivating beautiful flowers in it. I have grown flower plants of rose, lily and sun-flower. The sweet fragrance of the flowers gives me a great pleasure. There is always something fresh before my eyes. It keeps me healthy, happy and fresh for the day's laboure.

You are my first and true

Like sunset ocean blue

You are my beautiful flower

I am glad I picked you

My Parents, friends and neighbors say that I have green fingers. I love plants, flowers, trees etc. from the core of my health. I treat them as my friends, relation and as my second self. Actually I can never think of my life without them. They lend colors to my life and dreams. I feel great pride about my garden.

From the garden of plants;

Do I move towards the garden of inner joys

The flowers dance on leaves

And ideas dance on my heartbeats and mind.

My parents also feel proud of me and spend much of their leisure hours in the garden. My mother uses the flowers from the garden in decorating house. My garden is a source of physically exercise and aesthetic pleasure

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever.

I have the tools of the gardener. I have to do a lot of work with my own hands. I prepare the land and manure it. I water my plants regularly and protect them from the extreme weather. I have prepared many beds in it. Each bed contain flowers of different shapes and colors. I have also grown vegetables for our daily use. So, we do not purchase vegetables from market.

Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest.

Gardening is my passion. It inspires me to do something new. I cast a glance over my small beautiful lawn, my heart blossoms.

As I look out to my garden

I feel a sense of pride

My hobby give me a lot of satisfacation and pleasure. After my studies and homework I retire to my garden and work there or just sit and enjoy the healthy environs. Had I not cultivated this hobby, I must have missed a source of much joy, fun, inspiration and peace of mind. Many types of birds and butterflies visit the garden and add more to its beauty and fascination. some song-birds are regular visitors. A few of them also make their nests during breeding time there on the tree. My hobby, gardening, keeps me in touch with nature.

and in my flower-beds, I think,

Smile the carnation and the pink,

1 comment:

s